Sunday, November 08, 2015

So.... how did Marc Boldt rip off $5000 from his 2012 campaign fund?

PDC Rules allow for direct reimbursement of itemized costs incurred by a candidate, including loans made to campaigns up to a certain level that escapes me just now, but $9000 comes to mind.  They also allow for reimbursement of lost wages directly related to time off from work for campaign purposes.

So, imagine my surprise when I discovered, before the general election in 2012, that Marc Boldt appears to have stolen $5000 from his 2012 campaign.

You know, the one that everyone on the left and the RINOs claim he lost because of Madore's money, as if the issues had nothing to do with it, and Boldt voting like Steve "I never speak for the people, I only speak for Steve" Stuart was something people would ignore.

Here's how it went down:

The PDC record is clear on this.

In the expenditures, it's indicated that Boldt took $5000 to repay a loan he made to himself... on August 29, 2012, no less.  Strange, that while claiming he was being overspent by Madore, the fringe-left nutjobs and RINOs failed to notice that Boldt had laundered $5000 for his personal use out of campaign funds.


Now, supporters of my rather bent brother-in-law will likely claim that a loan repayment is perfectly legal... and it is...

...if the loan was ever made in the first place.



This is another screen capture of his PDC's where actual loans would appear: Notice the "LOAN" amount showing on the "Cash Contributions" Line: 0.00 .

Further, a review of the actual paperwork shows the complete absence of any loan form, a required form, Schedule L.

Boldt, who to my dismay was still a county commissioner, was paid by salary.  So, since he was still, effectively, getting paid to campaign, the money could not have been used to reimburse him for lost wages.

And that goes to the heart of the matter:  why would Boldt take $5000 of his campaign fund in August of that campaign year?  Why would he, apparently, steal $5000 of campaign money for his own personal use?

I have no idea.

I'm only sorry I didn't raise this at the time... but at the time, there were family considerations that no longer exist.

So, here's the only available conclusion:  Boldt ripped off $5000 of campaign money for his own, personal use.

Marc, as always, can feel free to respond to me or this blog.  Whatever he sends me will be posted unedited, as I receive it.

No comments: