Saturday, July 04, 2015

It's the Fourth of July

Take a moment and ponder what this day is supposed to mean.

Ponder the issues confronting us today.  Wonder, for a moment, how we became the laughing stock of the world in such a short time.

Ask yourself:  Am I contributing to the solutions?  Or am I making our problems worse? 

Am I one of those cursed with the sense of entitlement that is tearing our country apart?

Am I one of those who blames everyone else for my own failings?

Do I allow my positions on the issues at any level... to be dictated by someone else?

Do I think for myself?

Am I an INFORMED voter who holds those representing me accountable for their actions?

Do I believe government's purpose is to serve us?

Or do we serve government?

THINK.  Find out what's going on.  And once you know, ACT.

Don't let others do your thinking for you.

Get out of your comfort zone.

Don't let a party affiliation stop you from carefully watching what they do.

I haven't let it stop me.  And what I've seen has made me sick.

On this day, reflect on what others paid for your right to vote.

Don't vote cheaply.

Look at our flag.  Think about what it's supposed to mean.  Think about those who would destroy those symbols of our country.

Yes, they have the right... a right paid in full by many, many others.

Ask yourself: why?

I do.

Have a safe 4th of July.  Be especially careful around fireworks.

Take care.

No comments: