Friday, November 28, 2014

My teacher moment of the year.

I'm not a big fan of teaching as a profession, particularly those ensconced WEA types who always, always (wrongly) view themselves as the smartest kids in the room.

But I would LOVE having THIS teacher teach my kids:
[–][deleted] 3096 points3097 points  (418 children) 
I'm a teacher. A colleague of mine is a former army ranger. I walked by his classroom and saw one of his students standing in the hallway, staring at the lockers and repeatedly turning his wrist as if he was starting a car. 
I asked him what he was doing and he mumbled, "Mr. Fakename told me to come out here and practice flipping burgers because that's all I'll ever amount to if I keep acting the way I do." 
This teacher was making a kid stand in the hall and mime flipping burgers. I thought that was a bit harsh, but didn't intervene. On my way back down the hallway about ten minutes later, the same student was making a slightly different motion. 
"What's happening now?" I asked. 
"Mr. Fakename says I have to clean off the grill before I can come back in."

No comments: