Tuesday, November 04, 2014

In the face of tonights imminent defeat, what does the left do now?

Face it: things look horrific for our local leftists.

And that likely is an understatement.

Hatred, as I may have mentioned, makes a poor campaign platform.

But after their defeat tonite, then what?

Here's what I would like:

I would like the hatred to end.

Our differences impact in, relatively speaking, only a small percentage of the issues confronting us.

Our local media focuses on our differences and frequently blows them up far out of proportion in an effort ot manipulate the outcomes.

I would urge both sides to be introspective.  I would remind the winners that the quality of mercy is mightiest in the mighty.

I would urge the losers to remember that if they're not part of the solution, then they are part of the problem.

Our community has issues confronting it that will not be resolved by political petulance.

Transportation doesn't care.  Public Safety doesn't care.  Tax and fee rates do not care.

Good ideas are good ideas, regardless of the source.

Representative government MUST represent... not ignore ala Steve Stuart telling us:
"And I've said it before: I don't speak for the people.. I will NEVER speak for "the people," I speak for Steve and some of you are going to agree with me and some of you aren't."
That kind of governing philosophy actually served Mao.

I urge the losers tonight, regardless of party or persuasion, to LISTEN to the people.

That is your job.  And listening to them, contrary to what Stuart told us, includes being their voice... even when you don't like what they have to say.

And that you refused to listen on the CRC and Light Rail, that you acted like jerks in trying to ram the charter down our throats in an effort to engage in a naked power grab is, in fact, why you lost.

The choice is clear: learn from that history or be doomed to repeat it.

2 comments:

Martin Hash said...

There are other forces at play. It seems probable that "The Columbian," during its bankruptcy days, was bailed out by a company that benefits from CRC. Their agenda will not change with a simple defeat at the polls. Clark County politics will remain radicalized for the foreseeable future.

Unknown said...

the whining of Lefties and the melt-downs are most delicious.