Monday, July 21, 2014

Cost of the Peter Silliman hiring?

Peter Silliman has a lovely family, no doubt about it.

Bigger in numbers than a football team with, as I understand it, more expansion on the way.

With 13 members to date, my question is this:

What is the cost of their insurance?

I'm hearing that his starting wage is going to be in the vicinity of $5600 per month.

But based on the size of his family, I'm also hearing that the medical insurance premiums will likely at least match his pay since everyone of his children will, at least for now, be covered by the cost-free county insurance.

How much is that?  I don't know.  I DO know that under Obamacare, my wife adding me to her plan at work would have cost us $6000 per year with a $2500 deductible and a $250 ER copay.

How much will it cost to add thirteen people to the county's free insurance for employee rolls?

And if, as I suspect, adding another battalion of children to the horrific costs we're already paying may mean this hire is simply not worth it.

At this point, I'm keeping an open mind.  But if the costs are horrific... then I may have to revisit this.

No comments: