Thursday, April 17, 2014

So... why is it local democrat candidates refuse to answer questions?

Among others, I have asked questions of the democrats running for stuff around here that may effect me personally:

They have all, each and every one of them, ignored me.

Why?

Why are they afraid?

I'm a prospective constituent.  Is this how they would respond in the incredibly unlikely even they ever managed to get elected?

I totally get that, as democrats, they hate the positions the majority of the people of their prospective districts (The WA03 and the 18th District) oppose most of their positions as candidates.  I understand that, if they ever were elected, they'd all be from the Steve "I only speak for myself, screw the people" Stuart school of politics that allows these people who get elected and then forget all about "representation" of those who elected them... For a terrible example of the science, Jim "Molehill" Moeller has never represented anyone but himself.

But at the end of the day, these people are supposed to at least have the veneer of giving a damn about what the people they would represent want.

They should at least pay lip service to the people they would govern.

And none of these three even bother to do that.

And that, ladies and gents, is cowardly and sad.  It leads to only one possible conclusion:  The answers to these questions are political suicide and they damned well know it.

I will be posting this on all three candidates facebook pages.  I expect them to ignore these questions precisely the same way they ignore everyone smart enough to disagree with them.

Their cowardice and partisanship is clear: and because of it, they are unfit to hold elective office.

I'll keep you posted on the replies... if any. 

No comments: