Thursday, December 16, 2010

Redux: Sorry; I don't believe for one second that Stuart "took the lead" on turning down the pay raise.

.
The article says that it was Stuart. But this is the SAME Stuart who moronically tried to schmooze us by telling us just yesterday that "we (the commissioners) are doing more work."

So, yesterday "we were doing more work," but today, he'd required "a sleepless night" to figure out that which we all already knew?

Peter Van Nortwick's announcement that he was refusing a pay raise put Stuart into a box. Stuart, knowing the rag will write whatever he wants, felt that he could grab the issue back by doing and announcing what he should have done and announced the moment he heard about the increase.

You know... like Van Nortwick did?

In this instance, Peter should get the credit for forcing Stuart's hand.

There is simply no way that Stuart could let another elected take the lead on this... so he's trying to grab the credit for himself.

Bull.

Dozens of people engaged in an effort to get the commissioners to save themselves from themselves.

This time, the people were successful. It's a shame they didn't hear those same people when they jacked up our property taxes.

Regardless. A well done for doing what they should have done to begin with... but a well done nevertheless.

Apparently at around 3:30 or so this afternoon, Stuart posted the following on his Facebook page:
Commissioner Steve Stuart

Commissioner Steve Stuart Sometimes I screw up, I forget my common sense, I rationalize instead of reasoning. All I can do is say sorry, my bad, work to make things right, and strive to do better moving forward.


The problem, of course, is that this particular mind set applies to everything Stuart does in government.
.
Raise taxes?
Sometimes I screw up, I forget my common sense, I rationalize instead of reasoning.
Screw us with a bridge we don't need or want with loot rail?
Sometimes I screw up, I forget my common sense, I rationalize instead of reasoning.
Extort tolls from 65,000 commuters and their families... men, women and children?
Sometimes I screw up, I forget my common sense, I rationalize instead of reasoning.
That seems to be the basis for everything this guy does. Now, we can add to that an abortive attempt to justify a pay raise in the midst of a horrific recession in a county with 13% unemployment.
.
It's just a damned shame he's not an adult, and only reacts to getting clobbered on blogs, on the radio, and by dozens of outraged phone calls.
.
Give me Svehaug any day.
.
Expect the rag to do their obligatory, laudatory editorial giving Stuart the credit while ignoring Van Nortwick's example, since, after all, they tried every possible way to assassinate his candidacy, and they would want to give him credit for anything.
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check Facebook. You'll see more Kelly. Seeketh & you shall find more....

K.J. Hinton said...

Could you be a little more specific: as in where on facebook?

Lew said...

He must mean this from Stuart: Commissioner Steve Stuart Sometimes I screw up, I forget my common sense, I rationalize instead of reasoning. All I can do is say sorry, my bad, work to make things right, and strive to do better moving forward.

It's been up since about 3:30 this afternoon.

Still waiting to hear on that wage cut Mielke spoke of last week.