Saturday, March 14, 2009

Apparently, the "Liars at Fred Meyers" didn't get the message the LAST time.

Last December, I had a few hundred well-chosen words about the dishonesty in the pricing policies at our local Fred Meyers variety store, located on Highway 503 and 74th Avenue (7411 NE 117th Ave, Vancouver, WA 98662) and how they fraudulently scam shoppers by putting up completely arbitrary and random "regular prices" and then talk about how much you "save" at their utterly absurdly high "sales" price.

An excerpt:
I also noticed that Freddy had 12 packs of Coke products on sale for ONLY $5 per half rack... an ABSURDLY high price. And, once again, they were lying through their corporate teeth when their little sale sign indicated that FM REGULARLY sold this stuff for.... $7.98.
Well, in my latest trip to this store, (The construction of the local Winco, which would effectively end ANY trip I EVER take to Fraud Meyers, has, apparently, been delayed due to our current economic difficulties) their "regular" price for this product, Diet Coke, magically and quite regularly shot up to THE most expensive so-called REGULAR price for this product that I have EVER SEEN:

$9.49

Strangely, their so-called "sales" price of $5.00 remains unchanged... and as much a "sales" price as our president is a fiscal conservative... when that same product's regular price at Winco is as much as a dollar less.

Now, Kroger owns  Fred Meyer stores. And the last time I posted about this, at least a few Kroger computers visited my blog.

I'm not sure what I expected to result from that... but making the scamming worse was not on the agenda. Using their "contact us" page, I'm going to directly contact these people and see what they have to say.

As always, I will post any response I get.

.

No comments: