Monday, January 26, 2009

Portland's democrat Mayor Sam Adams' actual campaign lies

.
Victoria Taft has it, a replay of Sam Adams' actual campaign lies about this issue.
An Open Letter to Portlanders
By Sam Adams

Dear Portlander,

As you have probably seen in the media, I have been the target of a nasty smear by a would-be political opponent. I will not dignify the substance of this smear by repeating it - if you read the accounts you will see there is no foundation to it. The reason is simple: it is untrue.
The fact is that Adams now acknowledges that the allegations were dead on target. And beyond matters of sexuality, his scummy lies, complete lack of integrity and personal cowardice disqualify this man to hold any elected job.
This kind of ugly politicking may be commonplace in other cities and at the national level, but Portland and Oregon largely has been blessedly free of it. It saddens me that it has been introduced here, and I have faith that Portlanders' rejection of it will mean that this incident is an anomaly.
Which kind of "ugly politicking" is that? The kind where you're held accountable for your actions? Or the kind where you become a lying scumbag when you deny the truth?
About this attempted smear, here is what I want to say.
Here is what you SHOULD have said, you gutless coward:

"It's all true. I apologize. It won't happen again. Now, vote for me, because if you're gonna elect an admitted drug user for president, you shouldn't have any difficulty voting for someone tip-toeing up to the line of engaging in rape of a child, and then lying his ass off to cover it up."

That's what you SHOULD have said.
I have in the past, and I will in the future, respond to people who reach out to me for help and advice. This is especially true when it comes to young people.
This, apparently, represents code speak for "I'm going to get all the teenage strange I can, whenever I can and however I can... and then I'm going to lie my ass off about it, hoping in the basic stupidity of my supporters to forgive my complete lack of integrity or guts.

More, if you can stomach it.

HT to Orbusmax.
.

No comments: