Friday, September 18, 2015

Thought for the day on Sen. Ann "Gas Tax" Rivers' betrayal of the people.

"German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche neatly summed up part of my view of Sen. Ann Rivers' leadership: 'I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.'"

Unfortunately, contrary to the musings of this German philosopher, I'm ALSO angry at being lied to.

Rivers, you may be reminded, voted to increase the gas tax and tab fees, after running for the Senate on this platform: (Screen capture taken from her campaign website)



Yes, I am reminded of that every time I tank up and have to pay $1.40 more for a fill up than I used to have to pay... next year to become $2.40 more.

Yes, I'm reminded of that every time I think about this county being at a net loss of $500 million dollars because Rivers betrayed us with her actions... and her failure to act for us.

Yes, I'm reminded every time I ponder how to believe her in the future when she makes campaign promises.... which ones are true.... which ones are "expendable" due to the ever-popular "changing circumstance" dodge.

And no... I won't forget this easily avoided "own-goal."

And as her campaign for re-election spools up next year, I'll have even more to say about it.

No comments: