Some hyperbole? She withdrew the bill over a week ago and a copy of an email
sent to a constituent said nothing about any "threats." That email said:

Because you were among those citizens who contacted my office concerning
HB 1012, either pro or
con, I want to let you know that I have elected to withdraw that bill, and I will
not be reintroducing it.

The Washington state Legislature is heading into what promises to be the most
challenging session that any currently
serving lawmaker has faced. Fully funding our public schools, strengthening
Washington's job climate and economy, and maintaining at least a minimal safety net
for our most vulnerable friends, neighbors and family members must be my primary
focus, and I'm am sure most or all of my colleagues are feeling the same
responsibility. 

I've never shied away from sponsoring
controversial legislation, if I or my constituents in the 23rd district felt it
could make a significant contribution to our citizens, our communities or the state
as a whole. In the case of HB 1012, further study has convinced me that, though
well-intentioned, the bill does not rise to that standard, especially
when compared to the session's most pressing issues. I'll be devoting my time and
energy to those issues, and to other bills I've introduced to make
government operate more efficiently and to help our military veterans move
more quickly into good jobs in the civilian world.

As always, I welcome your emails, letters, phone calls and personal visits. I work
for you, and I thank you for that great honor.

Sincerely, Sherry Appleton.
23LD, House of Representative.


She sounds very much like Brian Baird's Ryder Truck "threat" used to justify not
holding a town hall back in 2009 that was later discovered to have been
investigated and cleared up as no real threat at all and from someone from another state.

But crying "threats" sure fits the Democrats always play the victim mentality.