Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Troubling questions for Joe Tanner

We have a Republican county commissioner, an actual combat veteran of Vietnam with the 82nd Airborne Division.  He has actual "combat medals."  People actually shot at him.  he actually shot back.

Then we have democrat Joe Tanner, who ALSO served in Vietnam.

His service in Vietnam in the Navy, for 27 months, was as an electronics technician.

How, precisely, does a Navy "electronics technician" get ANY "combat medals," let alone "numerous?"



I'm not sure.  So this email is going out today:
Mr. Tanner,

I understand you are running to replace our North Clark County Commissioner.

As a prospective constituent, I noticed something quite troubling to me, personally, in doing my "due diligence:"

In your bio, you make the following claim:  "As an active duty Vietnam veteran, Joe Tanner received numerous combat medals."

I would appreciate it if you would list them.

In the interest of full disclosure, I will be blogging your response, whatever it may be, unedited.

K.J. Hinton
Clark County Politics

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: