Thursday, November 04, 2010

Democrats State Senator Craig Pridemore (D-49) and former Clark County Commissioner Betty Sue Morris weigh in on the Columbian.

.
I've had issues with both Sen. Pridemore and Commissioner Morris. Many, many, many issues.

But on this, we are in absolute agreement. Because I've been at the other end of Brancaccio's shotgun.

This is Senator Pridemore's take on what the paper has done and what Lou Brancaccio is doing to Brent Boger, a message left on Brent's Facebook page.

Craig Pridemore

Steph: When they support somebody, they're generally nice. When they don't, they
humiliate, ridicule and mock. I think anyone who steps up to serve is entitled to at least a basic, human level of respect. The Columbian editorial board stopped treating candidates they disagree with respectfully years ago, including to my opponent two years ago. They're contributing mightily to the decline in respectful public discourse in this community and I don't approve of it.

This was the nastiest, rudest, most mud-slinging campaign season I've ever seen and it keeps getting worse. In my opinion, The Columbian should model better behavior.

I was a 100% supporter of Tony Golik and I'm glad he won. That doesn't mean I think Brent deserved to be mocked the way he was in the paper today. On the contrary, I think he deserves to be thanked for giving people an alternative. There's no Democracy without choice and Brent, and a lot of other honorable candidates, provided that this year.

Thanks, Brent.
And Betty Sue and Pat Jollota chime in:

.
The saddest part is that Lou still doesn't realize that he stepped over that line.
.
.
About the newspaper - I never liked Brancaccio anyway. He's always been so lazy and sloppy about doing his homework.
I list these because they say, in an ever so much nicer way, the same kinds of things I've been saying.

And I agree with Pat. Brancaccio is too stupid to understand what he's doing here.

Cross posted at Lou Brancaccio Watch.
.

1 comment:

Lew said...

Stunningly honest comments.

I'm waiting for Golik to chime in (and not holding my breath).