Wednesday, October 06, 2010

A commenter claims: Am I a "closet democrat?"

.
I have never made any bones about my complete opposition to Jaime Herrera. And, of course, I never will.

Does that opposition make me a "closet democrat?" Let's look at that question.

I have long since abandoned blind faith in any party. Even as a PCO, I reserve the right to avoid suspending disbelief in the name of a party label.

For example, my brother-in-law, alleged Republican County Commissioner Marc Boldt is number one on the list of people endorsing his democrat counterpart, Steve "Easy Money" Stuart.

Does that make Marc a "secret democrat?"

Let's take a look at another race.

In the 31st District, State Senator Pam Roach is running for re-election. She's running against another Republican as a result of our top two primary system, a fellow by the name of Matt Richardson.

Matt has some past personal difficulties that have come to light: for example, he's plead guilty to molesting a little girl, or a couple of little girls, several years ago. He has since become a teacher, and he has since been resigned from Federal Way Schools, where he received a letter of reprimand following allegations of sexual misconduct there.

As a result of these issues, the sitting DEMOCRAT state representative and Roach's former democrat opponent from 02 and 06 have endorsed her, Roach.

Does that make them "secret Republicans?"

I don't believe it does.

Jaime Herrera is unqualified by intelligence, experience, education and/or temperament to be elected to Congress. She has consistently lied about so many aspects of her life and career.... and the idea that SHE would accuse SOMEBODY ELSE of being a "career politician?"

I will not support a rank hypocrite.

I will not support a liar.

I will not support an SEIU supporter, who, in the past has been endorsed and funded by that organization.

The mere fact that she has an "R" after her name does not excuse any of those things.

Here's an example of Ridgefield Barbie's most recent hypocrisy, from Bab's own Facebook page:



Now, the reader might ask: "What's hypocritical about that?"
.
Fair enough. Herrera is nothing but a career politician. Even though she accomplished absolutely nothing as a legislator, she accomplished even less in the private sector.
.
But this?
.
She babbles about Biden coming out to support Heck. She babbles about that because, she claims that Biden was first elected to something in 73, with Heck being elected to something 3 years later... almost as if that kind of nonsense had any relevance whatsoever.
.
But what she FAILS to mention is this: Slade Gordon, who first entered politics in 1959 and held some elected office until he was defeated in 2001, has been one of her biggest cheerleaders, even going so far as appearing at a half dozen fund raisers for her.
.
So, Gorton has been out there doing the same thing as Biden will do for Heck, and was in elective office about as long... and Barbie then attacks Heck for it?
.
Herrera supporters may feel free to support someone capable of such rank hypocrisy.
.
Me?
.
Not so much.

Her election is not necessary to secure control of the House. Her election would certainly be more harmful then positive, because in Ridgefield Barbie's world, it's all about her... and not about us.

And isn't it supposed to be about "us?"

I will never support this woman for election. If anything. I will, in fact, do all I legally can to make sure she doesn't get elected... as is my right.

That those claiming I'm a "secret democrat" are willing to turn a blind eye to her myriad faults and obvious weaknesses is the heart of the problem with government today, a government owned and operated by those supported, not as a result of their record, but as a result of their party label. I will not "settle" on someone. I want honor and integrity. She has neither. And if that means a democrat wins, then so be it.

That's where I'm at. So figure it out and draw your own conclusion.

I know I have.

Cross posted at Jaime Herrera Watch.
.

4 comments:

Lew said...

The real question is, "Is Jaime Herrera really a closet liberal?"

The answer is all too obvious to me.

Your commenter should be more concerned with what she really is, rather than what you might be.

Gr8mochas said...

It is so very important to vote for people who truly represent you and the only way to know for sure is to check them out. There are so many places online where you can look up voting records and even research what the candidate is saying and what others are saying about them. Do your homework voters. I know that I am getting so much campaign mail sent to me and I find it interesting that the democratic candidates are not listing the fact that they are democrat anywhere. Don't be fooled folks, you need to do your homework. That is one reason I vote absentee. It gives me time to think and research.

Curtis Masters said...

Jamie Herrera is the most unqualified, dimwitted candidate running in America (and I am counting Nancy Pelosi). I am a Republican, but I will either skip this race, write in Chris Boyd or Mike Delavar, or vote Heck. Rarely do I pray for someone to lose, but that is my prayer for Hat Box Herrera.

K.J. Hinton said...

Very difficult to argue, Curtis.