Wednesday, October 28, 2009

You know, I wondered why Ann Donnelly's column on the mayor's race was a campaign ad for Tim "The Liar" Leavitt...

.
And now I know. Donnelly is helping to fund Leavitt's campaign, and she used her column to shill for this clown. Ann Donnelly and her husband gave Leavitt $150 on the 20th of October.

Now, I get that the Columbian can hardly be called the most ethical publication in existence. In fact, I have occasionally proffered that their propaganda on occasion, particularly about their agenda like the I-5 Bridge, loot rail, and initiatives they oppose would have made Nazi Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels blush.

But this is simply beyond the pail. It is one thing to take an advocacy position as a result of analysis and information.

It's another thing all together to give that candidate money after you've given him thousands in in-kind contributions under the guise of political commentary.

I'll just chalk this up as yet another reason why I've left the GOP: a former county chair engaging in questionably ethical political behavior by using her position to further her own agenda... instead of the agenda of the people.
.

No comments: