Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Family flak on my Marc Boldt position.

(FULL DISCLOSURE:  I freely admit that I am totally opposed to Marc Boldt's election this time, just as I was last time, since he's completely sold out to the left; forgotten/ignored GOP principles, supports the CRC scam in it's entirety and wants to hang tolls around our neck for the next several decades that will destroy a great deal of small business in Clark County as a result.

NO candidate or campaign or anyone involved or in any way concerned with any candidate or campaign was aware of or approved or had input into this post.

Further, Marc Boldt is my brother-in-law, and I worked for him as his legislative assistant for 6 years while he was in the state house.) 

I knew going in that my position on Marc's election... combined with my desire to express that opinion... wouldn't be all that popular among the family... or what I call, "The Regiment."  (It seems to be that big.)

As I have retired from any and all campaigns, I find myself with a certain freedom of expression heretofore held in abeyance from me.

Recently, my motives have been questioned, my right to oppose Marc has been questioned and my right to express my opinion has been questioned.

First and foremost, I do my very best to treat everyone either with... or wanting... a title... the same.

If you want to govern me, then expect me to examine you, your past record, your "vision," your respect of the will of the people, your positions on the issues confronting us and if your motive is to represent the people.

Or are you arrogant or ignorant enough to ignore us in favor of your own personal agenda?

Do you listen when we talk?  Or do you lie... do you ignore... do you prevaricate?

Do you walk the walk?  Do you claim to be one thing while you act like another?

For far too long, Marc Boldt was like this guy:



I have been told that I shouldn't write what I write.  Just last night, one of the family challenged my assertion that i did not want to see Marc "humiliated."

I don't.

It would serve no purpose.

But knowing what I know... I simply do not want Marc... or anyone with his attitude concerning the people he would govern... in my government.

I also don't want Jon Russell there.  Or Jimmy Moeller.  Or Brandon Vick.  Or Chuck Green.  Or Mike Pond.  Or Mike Dalesandro.  Or Jaime Herrera.  Or many others.

To me, they're all the same, and their politics of self-flagellation and arrogance and hooray-for-me-ism is not what I spent 14 years in uniform for.

I write what I write about Marc for the same reason I write what I write about anyone in politics.

It's what I think.  It's what I conclude. It's my vision.

You see, the Will of the People reigns supreme in my political realm. 

If you deliberately ignore that will, then I don't want you representing me... not that you are anyway.

I only write about 25% of what I know about most in politics, particularly here locally.

"Knowing" something isn't the same thing as "proving" it.  And I do my best to avoid going out without proof.

"Proof," for me, includes first hand knowledge, documentation, and trusted sources.

Among the many reasons I write this effort is the fact that the leftist media around here won't tell the truth.  Just yesterday, for example, democratian reporter "Kaitlin Gillespie" wrote this concerning Don Benton's emailer/fundraiser/letter of support for Mary Benton's run for district 2 councilor, when Benton wrote:
(It also helps that she (Mary Benton) is 100% opposed to the CRC resurrection being promoted by many of her opponent’s backers).
Gilespie:
 Why does her stance on a dead transportation policy make her a viable candidate for county council?
I replied:

"Why does her stance on a dead transportation policy make her a viable candidate for county council?"
And what might that be?

Because if you're referring to the CRC, you're either ignorant or being deliberately obtuse.

The CRC is as dead as the paper you work for. Please don't confuse this undercover effort to keep it alive with being "dead." It's so "dead" that Annette Cleveland has thrown multiple hissy-fits over that project THIS legislative session, including multiple efforts to amend the transportation budget to resurrect it.

Your claim that the CRC is a "dead transportation policy" is the kind of thing your newspaper is known for.

In short: a lie.

And that's the thing, you see.

I bring up what I believe to be true because somebody has to do it, and that somebody does not include the local daily paper.

So, that's another part of why I write about Marc.

Since Marc has dropped even the facade of being a RINO by his "No Party Preference" epiphany (Having announced, in his words, as a "conservative Republican" to segue to a "moderate Republican" to now, "no Party Preference," even though he remains a Precinct Committee Officer in Precinct 605 of the local Republican Party.) it hasn't made my efforts any easier.

But people have the right to know what I know.  And the name-calling by those both inside and outside the family, the failure to understand and the questioning of my motives, which amounts to a personal attack on my integrity, doesn't change the facts of the matter.

I am not going to blindly follow anyone.  Marc's record, his quotes, his promises to me to hold an unheld advisory vote on the CRC only to laugh at the idea when asked in the newspaper, his tax increases and his vote to confiscate our weapons in the name of a commissioner-declared emergency remain in play... as does his rabid support of the CRC Scam and CTran rip offs.

How can I even begin to question what he's been and what he would be without doing it publicly here?

I am not going to treat him or anyone else any differently.

There are only two questions, then, to ponder as these words are read.

"Is Hinton telling the truth?"

And this:

"Is Hinton making this up?"

As I responded in the discussion last night: I reserve the right to speak my mind.  Being related in no way provides any kind of cache' that changes that in any way.

It would be easier to just end all this (blogging) if the local media was truthful and not an extension of the political left, all under the guise of a false lack of bias when it's inculcated in every story, every editorial, every endorsement.

Those who feel compelled to question my motives certainly have that right.  But I would hope that those doing such a thing after all these years would direct their concerns back to Marc as well.

Perhaps his motives should be questioned as much as mine.

This stuff didn't happen in a vacuum.  While it's likely unfortunate for him that he is my brother-in-law, that's not my problem.

Because speaking truth to power... no matter the name... is what I do.  And everyone gets the same treatment as much as humanly possible for me to provide it.

Besides... no one reads my little effort here, so what difference does it make?

No comments: