Sunday, March 22, 2015

Retiring from politics.

In light of recent events, I have decided to end my involvement in political campaigns.

Unlike many of my ilk, I could never be a political mercenary.

Henceforth, I am ending my involvement in any future campaigns for anyone.

The victories have been sweet... the defeats bitter... and the betrayals cancerous.

Clearly, I'm an anachronism.  My ideas of honor and democracy and representative government obviously have no place in the political realm.

The cost is simply too high on me personally.  I feel like I'm going to throw up every waking moment as it is.

The blog will continue as I comment on the issues of the day.

But I will no longer be involved directly with the nuts and bolts of working with people to get them elected. 

I, apparently, expect far too much once they get there... like actually putting the "representative" in the phrase "representative government."  And I simply cannot and will not go along with the program.

Twenty five years in politics has likely taken that much off my life span.

Sorry.

No comments: