Thursday, May 09, 2013

Another reason to oppose the CRC Scam: they can't even do an I-5 Closure right.

So, because these clowns are working at the I-5/I-205 (134th or so) connection, they have to close off the freeway (And most of Hazel Dell) from the exits at 39th/Hwy 99, 78th and 99th?
Southbound I-5 will be closed between I-205 and Northeast 134th Street, according to WSDOT. Northbound I-5 will be closed between state Highway 500 and I-205.
Genius.  These clowns would screw up a tree fort.

Major I-5 closure planned for next month

Work is part of Salmon Creek Interchange Project

Interstate 5 will be closed in both directions for 48 hours in June as part of the Salmon Creek interchange project.
Interstate 5 will be closed in both directions for 48 hours in June as part of the Salmon Creek interchange project.


It’s not “carmageddon,” according to the Washington State Department of Transportation, but drivers should plan ahead to avoid a major, disruptive closure of Interstate 5 early next month.
Crews will completely close both directions of the freeway at the Interstate 205 junction for more than 48 hours while crews place huge girders over the roadway. I-205 will remain open, but I-5 will be closed from 11 p.m. Friday, June 7, to 5 a.m. Monday, June 10.
Workers will place a dozen girders, each 165 feet long, over the freeway. They’ll eventually support a new bridge carrying Northeast 139th Street up and over the junction, part of the $133 million Salmon Creek Interchange Project.
Southbound I-5 will be closed between I-205 and Northeast 134th Street, according to WSDOT. Northbound I-5 will be closed between state Highway 500 and I-205.
During the work, traffic should use I-205, Highway 500, state Highway 14 and Oregon’s Interstate 84 to get around the closure, according to WSDOT.
WSDOT planners expect closures on I-205 to occur later this summer. The entire Salmon Creek project, which aims to relieve congestion around the northern convergence of I-5 and I-205, is scheduled to wrap up next year.

1 comment:

Jack said...

Every time the bastards close I-5 and send traffic on I-205, fewer people use I-5 and more people get used to using I-205 and realize that they don't have to go into the scummyiest parts of Peetown.