Monday, October 29, 2012

Democrat Mike Briggs asks the question: isn't your opposition to Boldt of a "personal nature" and of "bias" regarding this "family member" of mine?

In the endorsement of Boldt and Tanner in the Camas Post Record, ordered, no doubt by democratian editor Lou Brancaccio, which I naturally nailed in the eye, I commented about this con job.

That led to an exchange apparently with Stephanie Rice's poor husband... given who he's married to... which led to democrat Mike Briggs, staunch CRC/loot rail/toll supporter (since like the vast majority supporting this rip off, including Boldt, they don't have to pay it every day they go to work) who posed the following:

Mike Briggs · Top Commenter · Works at Civic Activist
Mr. Hinton, aka McClued- I understand your problems with Marc Boldt are more of a "personal nature" are they not? Do you believe you might be a little biased in your comments regarding this family member of yours?
To this point, what Marc and his people have been telling anyone who'll listen is that I'm beating the hell out of Boldt because I'm on Madore's pay roll.

That's a crock.

So, here is my response:

 Kage McClued · Top Commenter · Owner/Writer at Clark County Politics
Uh, no, Mr. Briggs. If I were making any of this up, then perhaps that might be the case. But telling the truth here?

Look, I know more about Marc then you... or anyone of you who have endorsed him. You can't understand why I, a family member, would oppose his re-election. Since you can't, you pawn it off as some sort of family quarrel gone public without asking yourself these simple questions:

Has Hinton lied? Is he making this up? What does HE have to gain by doing this, except the enmity of those in the family who don't care if the Nazi Party was endorsing him, financing him or running his campaign?

If I HAD a bias, don't you believe it would be FOR him instead of against him? But no. This isn't about Marc, per se'.

It's about his selling out and getting the support of his year's long political opponents... opponents in the past who have called him "stupid," (Joe King, for example) who denigrated him in every imaginable way, including demanding his resignation from the House... who stand for everything he, up to now, has opposed; such as partial birth abortion and gay marriage. It's about being endorsed by Jim Moeller and being too ashamed of Moeller to say that... anywhere... because Marc is desperate to get re-elected... no matter what that takes.

And I don't want ANYONE in government like that, PARTICULARLY when they can govern ME. And that Marc is my own family... my own brother-in-law... gives him no cache when he claims to be one thing and then proceeds to ignore all of that... merely to get re-elected.

As you know, this is precisely the same tact I've taken against Jon Russell, beating him politically to a pulp, for, among other things, his treatment of YOU during the planning commission debacle. So, no... it isn't about bias.

It's about honor, integrity and truth on the part of those we vest with that authority... it's about electing those who will seek out and heed OUR will, and not the will of the special interests buying him like the 13th Amendment was the 13th Suggestion. It's about electing those who will not lie to us... like Marc has lied to us... and to me... about the issues confronting us.

Thanks for asking.
Reply · Like· 2 seconds ago
To which, completely missing the point, Briggs responded thusly:


Mike Briggs · Top Commenter · Works at Civic Activist
Mr. Hinton and/or Mr. McClue, You just wrote 388 impassioned words merely to tell me, "No, I am not biased because Marc is my family member".

You are welcome to your opinions Mr. Hinton but I do not believe you have changed my opinion of Marc Boldt at all. I do not think it wise to compare someone like Marc Boldt with someone like Jon Russell--at least, not here in Washougal.
Resulting in this from me:

.

Kage McClued · Top Commenter · Owner/Writer at Clark County Politics
Actually, that message wasn't remotely addressed to you.

It was an explanation to any reading this who would wonder why I would take this position when it comes to a family member. I provided a full explanation of my motivation that should certainly get anyone past the spin of the Boldt Camp... which up until now has been reduced to telling anyone who listens that my position on Boldt is because Madore or someone working for him is paying me.

That said, I view Boldt and Russell as precisely the same. While you may not share that view, that's up to you. But the parallels... the lack of integrity... the dishonesty... the situational ethics... are all startlingly similar.

Further, there's no peeling a democrat off another democrat; Boldt is one of you. Of course you're not going to let the truth interfere with your prejudices or positions: if democrats allowed that, Obama would get zero percent of the vote.

But as I pointed out and you did not deny: I know Marc better than any of you... I worked as his legislative assistant for 6 years... And I don't want him in my government. You hardly know him at all, and because he's a sell out, THIS time, you'd vote for him in a minute... because, frankly, he's not Madore, and your sort doesn't want anyone opposed to the CRC scam in office anywhere if you can help it.

But we also know that if Marc were running against a credible democrat who shared your bizarre, totalitarian view of the CRC rip off, you'd dump Boldt like a bad habit.

But you all are using him now... integrity and honesty be damned. I get that. And that's where the Russell-Boldt connection is so tight.

And Mr. Briggs, please don't confuse me with someone who cares what you happen to believe is "wise" when it comes to my positions. The truth is the truth... even in Washougal.

Reply · Like · 2 minutes ago

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to sit on my hands each time I even think about answering Mr. Briggs. I especially love his condescending method of using my name 3 times in one sentence. Insanity is allowing myself to deal with this idiot. No More.

K.J. Hinton said...

Well, I put a "the end" on my last response.

And that's what it means.

Anonymous said...

Well, if you haven't seen yet. Your and Mike Briggs comments got 86'd off the Camas PR website area.... Guess who hit the delete button? -- Jeremy

K.J. Hinton said...

Thus my cut and paste effort.

Thought that much of this might need to be saved for posterity.

Anonymous said...

You are not the only one, Kelly. I have been saving my materials for various local political stuff for some time. Just in case someone comes back to me and say, What did you say? And I have a backup copy of it by screenshot or some other form. But alas, I think I am done with local pols after how much stuff I have had to deal with from them.
I have so much other things in life that is better than this wideload of a manure cart being spread around the county, fertilizing the incongruents and incompetents that just think it is ok to go around mouthing off for no reason and without some decent foundation or supported works to attach to their arguments.
So I decided except in an extreme circumstance would I step forward to deal with some thing as dumb as this post. There are enough people stepping forward to deal with the CRC mess.
I personally just tire of the idiots like Mike and Gregg that have nothing better to do than just come up and cause mayhem. Do you think someone might be paying them to watch the columbian, you and Lew's blog??? Why do they have so much free time..... -- Jeremy