Saturday, July 28, 2012

Cory Barnes of the PCO Alliance swings by... I respond.

I appreciate Cory coming by.  It's not easy to stick your face in someone else's fan and I give him props for doing so.  The rest of this is in response to an earlier post, here:

Cory Barnes said...
I'm sure everyone is voting for me based on my political convictions and that they know I am shamelessly willing to stand up for the idea that the Republican Party leadership should be inclusive to political activists, the shoulders of whom the future Party rests.

We must reform back to an organization that facilitates conservative political engagement, rather than one that demands submission to backroom-brokered deals with personalities representing pretty damn close to nothing.

Example: McKenna vs. Hadian
It's being borne out just how portly McKenna represents the Republican persuasion, yet our local leadership is obsequiously bound to the you-know-who liberal force of Esser-esque evil.

Your post illustrating my unlucky collection of minor traffic indiscretions is meaningless in the face of unsolved issues that have left the CCRP operating by archaic tribalism favoring top-down control over independent grassroots involvement.

Any power the PCO position affords, I will fight to have retrieved from the dying-grasp of the CCRP board and back to the activists and numerous conservative organizations that still appreciate young, new faces... The young folks who are of the persuasion that even despite personal indiscretions, it has been left to them to salvage an American standard of living and way of life that Party-induced political cronyism has threatened to destroy.

There is always the choice of voting for the continued lack of leadership represented by the numerous incestuously-approved opponents of Liberty PCOs, many opponents whom graciously had help sending their precincts postcards informing voters of absolute subservience to Party candidates. The record shows that is a falsehood proven by the forgotten conservative leaders all shunned pre-primary to make way for progressive cronies. Every time this bias happens, I blame the GOP for leaving voters without political differences to choose from.

I have filed for PCO as representative of an ideology that favors a strong bottom-up organized Party and that promotes representative candidates in a fair and transparent way. Until someone comes along to represent my stances as PCO, I'll have to keep filing to declare the contrasts of my views with the current popular insanity. PCOLA has a disclaimer posted clearly online stating our affiliation is purely position based, for the presumable purpose of changing a majority of the central committee's leadership ideals. It's up to voters to establish trust with their distinct neighborhood candidates to determine elegibility, and PCOLA sees it the same way.

It is the voters' choice: vote for me, I'll set you free. Vote for my opponent, same sucks don'it?
To which, I responded:
Blogger
Just a guy said...
One of the very problems that I have with you, Cory, is your chronic disregard for the law.

Every other element aside, that you only obey the laws you want to, when you want to, shows me that you're unfit for elective office.

You've been busted so many times, I find it hard to believe you can even begin to afford car insurance.  (Added here) In fact, I find it hard to believe you're even close to having a license.

You ARE insured, aren't you?  (Added here) You DO have a license, don't you?

That said, how many times have you been popped since the word came out last year that you viewed the law as an annoyance more than something to be followed?

I see at least 7 different citations since then. And it makes me wonder: if you can't even follow the law in what you call "minor traffic indiscretions," then what other laws do you blow off when you feel like it?

So, as *I* am a strong conservative who has been fighting the establishment at ALL levels, including locally for at least a decade; feel free to explain why your group has targeted me.

We both know it's my outspoken opposition to Ron Paul.

You complain about the Party leadership. There is room for improvement, to be sure, but who are some of those who've been there the longest and who, as I understand it, are not being challenged for PCO positions?

The Millers.

Deb Peterson.

Why did they get a pass, since they've been members in good standing of the local GOP leadership for years?

Seems your group can be quite selective in targeting the "establishment." And your recitation of the talking points in no way makes them true or accurate.

"Young, new faces?" Many of those who got a pass as PCO's are even older then I am. Many of those running are, you guessed it, even older than I am.

So now that we've established that it's who you know; that youth, in reality, has not one damned thing to do with it... what about the truth.... for once.

Whatever you do, don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Outcomes in politics are the only thing that matter. In the end, with the group in charge (of Clark County GOP) now, we're likely to have 12 out of 15 legislators representing this county in the GOP, and likely 2 out of 3 commissioners in the GOP.

How, exactly, do you believe you can do better?

"Glittering generalities" don't cut it. NONE of the reasons you cite show any great vision or system to come up with more Republicans, or more wins... or how to "turn around" a Party that by any measure doesn't NEED to be "turned around."

And that's because this isn't about that. It's about somebody trying to take over the entirety of the party apparatus. It's about power.

The rest of this crap is smoke and mirrors... and my contempt for the effort is that you all lack the guts to tell the truth about it, because you know that chances of voting for you if you DID tell the truth would be precisely zero.

Much like, come to think of it, chances of you getting elected to PCO if your record went out in a mailer.

But that's not up to me. It's not my precinct you're trying to scam; and frankly, I just don't care enough to make it happen.

But we both know I'm right. And if the people of your precinct elect you, Cory, well, then, they'll certainly deserve you.

No comments: