Sunday, August 14, 2011

Racing, again.

.
It's been a long two years since I hit the strip... I need to go fast... very fast... as fast as I can make myself go... legally.

I have a car... the designated dragster.  But it is far too street-worthy to get it ready for the strip before the season ends.

So, we go out and get a car on Friday and race it Saturday (last night) at PIR.


This is the racing rig this morning.
It went surprisingly well, considering my almost 2 year layoff.

I'd never seen a starshifter before, so it took a little getting used to, but on my 4th run, I hit a 109.03 at 12.71 seconds.

Not bad for a $3000 car.

I've got an 87Z (this one's an 85Z) but it had most of the go-fast parts.  Much of it had been stripped for weight.  It has a 383 stroker, bunch of other stuff.

It was still the rush that I thought it was... even with the down side of something of a knock after the 5th race (A 107 mph) which caused me to trailer it immediately.

I couldn't get to it today, but tomorrow, I'm going to pull the p/s valve cover and see if it's a bent push rod (I hope) or something worse.  I fear it's the all-to-typical spun bearing.  We'll know, hopefully, tomorrow.
,

2 comments:

Brandon Vick said...

Sounds like a blast!

K.J. Hinton said...

I'll have a video up in the next day or two.