Sunday, April 03, 2011

That GM bailout? Why, that was cheap. It only cost us $84 BILLION.

.
I likes me a GM product.

I own a 69 Camaro that I've actually taken racing.  I own the next racer for me, a 3rd gen 87 Camaro.

Just more stylin shots.
If I had the cash laying around, I'd give a hard look at a 5th gen Camaro SS2, a 400 plus horsepower troublemaker if ever there were one.

There's nothing else in the inventory I'm remotely interested in.

As a car guy, I rate the Savior Chevy Volt as an automotive abortion.

I was one of the many in favor of letting GM go bankrupt, because that would have been MUCH cheaper than the ultimate outcome... of Obama screwing us out of $84 BILLION.

Chicks on on the Right have the low down.  But don't be surprised... someone (me) warned you all it was going to turn out this way.

Math And Obama Are Not Friends

Written by Mockarena  //  April 3, 2011  //  Money Rocks  //  6 Comments


According to this, taxpayers lost a crapload of money on that whole GM bailout.

SHOCK.

Remember when Obama said we were all “positioned to recover more than my administration invested in GM?” And when GM actually went on tv to tell us that they’d repaid our loan to them, which turned out to be a huge lie all on its own?

Well, it turns out the whole deal, that Democrats still think is a big fat giant ball of success, COST us $84 billion. A Congressional Oversight report says that we’re out $25 billion, and that there’s no way we can expect full repayment unless the government can sell off its remaining GM shares at a waaaay higher price. Plus, GM got a $45 billion tax break during the whole bankruptcy thing. They’re about to get another $14 billion one.

More:

I'm stunned.

You stunned?
.

No comments: