Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Memo to Lou Brancaccio: Liberals hate the First Amendment.

.
Brancaccio's efforts against me and my friends were eerily similar to this, but follow the pattern of hypocrisy the liberal left revel in.

Read this article and ponder the similarities between this guy's situation and mine. Pay particular attention to this quote:
My own politics began to mature while in college when simply publishing a letter
to the editor from a student the academic Left rightly saw as an enemy resulted
in their launching an all out effort to destroy my reputation. It wasn’t that I
agreed with the student. All I did was acknowledge his right to be heard in one
instance, regardless of how repulsive some of his other views may have been.
While I hardly find me views to be "repulsive," the stark comparison of Brancaccio's despicable efforts and this story are simply too similar to be ignored.


Regular readers of this effort have already determined that Brancaccio's efforts to come after me have made absolutely no difference except to, perhaps, make me even more militantly opposed to him and the slime he trowls out under the guise of faux journalism.


Brancaccio, obviously, isn't the only one to engage in this kind of scum. But I get ahead of myself, and I'll let this guy tell his own story.





The academic Left, more so than the student body, went after me, not the student. They simply refused to accept that someone with the authority to act as a gatekeeper of sorts as regards to different viewpoints would dare give voice to someone they strongly opposed. I found their approach so stifling and, in essence, evil for trying to destroy me, though only a mere messenger, I began my journey toward the Right as I explored my differences with the Left. But it has always been their willingness to stifle free speech that led me to see the Left as a far greater threat to individual liberty in America than is the Right.

Over the years, that understanding of the Left has continued to be reinforced, not refuted. And there are some prime examples of it in today’s news cycle.

Progressive Republican Lisa Murkowski has forced a Right-leaning talk radio host off the air in Alaska, simply because he disagrees with her. Yet, she is attempting to portray her opponent, Joe Miller, as seeking to do the very thing of which she is guilty.

Meanwhile, Comedy Cenrtral has embraced the misguided and repugnant notion that it can control the media, even on public property. That instinct isn’t only illiberal, it’s un-American. Thanks to new media it will not work. See link, or below for Big Journalism’s own live-blogging of yesterday’s event in DC.

As the Left was once fond of saying, however disingenuously, the revolution will be televised. What they will soon discover, thanks to Constitutional American democracy on November 2nd is, this ain’t their long-haired, and too long in the tooth, Liberal Arts professor’s revolution. It’s the American people’s, a great number of which strongly disagree with the institutional Left.

__________________________________________________
Startlingly similar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

Can you show us what he's saying to you that is getting you so under the collar? Is he sending in the lawyers with copyright notices?