Saturday, August 14, 2010

My self-imposed NFL boycott continues...

.
As I embark on my second year of ignoring the NFL for their politically correct bigotry, I can, as I watch the sun come up this fine August morning, review why pro ball will just have to continue on without me.

The recent revelation of what we already knew; namely, that the Seahawks were screwed by the refs in SB XL; combined with the nonsense about screwing Rush Limbaugh out of an ownership interest in the St Louis franchise because he doesn't happen, or didn't happen to share the owner's politically correct views of the world (at least publicly on the owner's part: privately, this collection of multi-millionaires are roughly as conservative as Adolf Hitler) is doing the job nicely.

What the hell good does it do to follow a team... become a loyal team fan and the like, just to have the zebras screw you?

And why watch a League that prides itself on left-wing bigotry and intolerance? Why support any organization that fosters that kind of attitude regardless of whether or not it's left or right?

Can't do it. Won't do it.

Right now, it's as worthless as NASCAR. And NASCAR, with their unidentifiable-except-for-the-stickers-on-the-cars races, is pretty worthless as their increasingly declining revenue and TV ratings are beginning to show. (NOTE to NASCAR: You want me back? Then get the cars back to the "run-what-you-build" standard. Knock of this "there is no part on a NASCAR racer that I can go down to Schucks and buy" crap. There isn't even a passing resemblance between what they're racing and what I can get in a show room. Change that, and we can chat. Otherwise... hell no.)

So, for the foreseeable future, I'm passing on the NFL network, pro ball on TV on Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays and other days of the seemingly random pattern of TV games; the televised games between the .500 (or less) teams they frequently show when much better games are available; the just busted up monopoly between the NFL and Reebok for uniform items that cost more then crack because fans are dumb enough to pay for it.

Looks like I'm gonna have some time to get my car ready to race after all.
.

No comments: