Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Army Suicide problem.

.
Suicide.

It has a more immediate meaning when you've been touched by it or seen others touched by it or thought of it yourself.

It's not the way.

This should be called the "military" suicide problem, as opposed to Army, but the fact is that it's a growing problem, one I view as understandable... one that I believe stems from the tremendous feeling of worthlessness that many will get for fighting a war that has caused a large portion of our society to condemn them, both individually... and as a group.

Would so many be killing themselves if they were truly supported by our government and all the people? If they had not been used as political pawns? If the "baby-killer" crap wasn't re-emerging?

I don't know. No one does. But I was in the Army during the "baby-killer" era. And while that was never directed at me, I know how I felt when it was directed at others.

Imagine how the recipients felt.

Watch this video. Sixteen minutes long, it's from the Legion web site, The Burn Pit. It's a US Army video they picked up.

Watch it. Feel it. For God's sake, if you are serving or have served, don't give up. Don't give in.

If you have feelings like this, regardless of what you believe may be causing those feelings, GET HELP.

Don't give up. Don't give in. Ever.


No comments: