Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The rare ask: Please pray for Luke Jensen, my 9 year old cousin who doesn't have much time left. (Update 11) and a picture of Steve and Luke..

.
Late last night, I was looking at pictures of Luke over at his Mom's facebook site when I stumbled upon this picture of Steve holding his son.



The complete agony in Steve's eyes as he holds his precious son. The unspeakable pain and sorrow. Most pictures are worth a thousand words.

This one is worth millions.

Things are not going well. Luke's time with us is fleeting. From his Mom, Vikki:

Watching Luke's body deteriorate breaks my heart on so many levels. Seeing him not able to eat, not able to stand, is unbearable. I am really not able to let my mind even think about it or I would collapse, and Luke will not allow it (If he even hears a quiver in my voice he says "Mom, you OK? You're not crying, right? I don't want you to cry, if you cry I'll cry and I don't want to cry.") So none of that is allowed. (Except in the garage, shower, outside, or where-ever I choose to hide!!)

How they can bear this is, quite simply, beyond my comprehension.

I have never seen such strength, courage, and love before in the entirety of my frequently violent and comparatively insignificant life.

I rarely have been at a loss for words, but this all causes my vocabulary to shrink to nothingness.

You learn a lesson in watching all of this. A life lesson so full of things to remind you what's important. And I will remember Luke.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and I got off on the wrong foot and have never been able to change that for 6 years now. However, I want you to know that my spirit is grieved for your family. I have wept and prayed off and on since I first heard about Luke. I believe the same Jesus that raised Lazarus from the dead still does miracles today. That is how I am praying, until God reveals his plan. Please accept these lyrics of peace from hymnist Fanny Crosby:

A wonderful Savior is Jesus my Lord, A wonderful Savior to me;
He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock,Where rivers of pleasure I see.

Refrain:
He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock, That shadows a dry, thirsty land; He hideth my life in the depths of His love,
And covers me there with His hand,
And covers me there with His hand.

A wonderful Savior is Jesus my Lord, He taketh my burden away,
He holdeth me up and I shall not be moved, He giveth me strength as my day.

With numberless blessings each moment He crowns,And filled with His fullness divine, I sing in my rapture, oh, glory to God! For such a Redeemer as mine.

When clothed with His brightness transported I rise To meet Him in clouds of the sky,His perfect salvation, His wonderful love,
I’ll shout with the millions on high.