Saturday, November 28, 2009

Red River 44: Angel Flight

.
First and foremost, a hat tip to Knottie's Niche, a Gold Star Mom's site "that's still dedicated to the troops and their mission."

My son is doing everything he can to become a Marine. He's a man now and has to make his own decisions. He wants Light Weapons Infantry...

It is some small comfort to know that if they have to bring him home at some point, there are people are out there that will not only understand, but who will handle this most important task in a way that reinforces that what we're doing really, really matters, and is really, really important.

I hope that day never comes. But I know that if it does...


.

2 comments:

Knottie said...

You may also find comfort in "Taking Chance" http://www.ehowa.com/features/takingchance.shtml The movie is very good also.

I hope you never have to have someone bring your son home to you. I thank your son for wanting to serve this nation. Please tell him from this Mom.. Take Luck.
Angelia ( Knottie )

K.J. Hinton said...

Angelia, it was an honor to read your blog, and an honor to have you stop by.

Your loss was not in vain. Your love for him shows in every word and for all you do, I give you my sincerest, heartfelt thanks... and I will be reviewing the site you recommended.