Thursday, February 05, 2009

Why do I feel insulted? Joan of Acadia... on the SciFi Channel?

.
OK... I'm just wondering: why is it that a show... any show, about someone's relationship with God is relegated to the SciFi channel?

I get that the religious views of the star of the show, one Amber Tamblyn is not the brightest bulb on the tree... since she publicly and loudly proclaimed while her show was running:
And one of my other friends could not believe in God if he came down and tapped her on the shoulder. She's a biologist - a student at UCLA - and I don't judge her either, because I really believe that God is a personal opinion, and only that.
Which might have had just the tiniest negative impact on ratings... resulting in cancelation and syndication.

I didn't always agree with the sentiments expressed on the show; but I recognize that many people have many different interpretations of religion.

But to see it as science fiction?

Why do I find that belittling, somehow?
.

No comments: