Thursday, November 07, 2013

Why I'll be skipping local Veteran's Day activities.

As a veteran of many years, Veteran's Day and Memorial Day are my most important days of remembrance.

But I will not participate in any remembrance used by non-serving scum unfit to darken a Veteran's shoes for their own political purposes.

That includes slime like a not-quite sober Tim "The Liar" Leave-it and Jaime Herrera.  That includes other scum in the city council of the Vancouver Soviet who never bothered to serve their country and are, instead, only attempting to serve themselves on the sacrifice that so many others provided them.

Instead, I'll do what I always do on those days: lowering my flag, flown over the US Capital, to Half Staff.

I'll give a silent prayer to remember those who shed their blood so that we could make stupid choices like the inmates of the Vancouver Gulag just made... since they have re-enforced their choice of government.

I cannot bring myself to attend ceremonies where drunks show up... or scum like Leave-it show up, pretending to give a damn... when we all know they don't.

I skip the Veteran's Day parade because very little of it is about veterans.  It's primarily about kids... Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts and the like.

I've got nothing against kids... have some of my own, in fact.  But their entertainment on this day is more an impediment than an acknowledgement.

Veterans.  Those who've shed their blood and stood a post, unfortunately so the corruption of the Downtown Mafia  and Identity Vancouver types can run the local government, are what this day is about.

My resentment runs too high... my cynicism, too over-arching.  My disdain for those non-serving pogues, too dark.

There it is.

2 comments:

Lew said...

I'll be going to Woodland Primary school in the morning to meet with a classroom of 3rd graders to talk about Veterans.

I'll likely go video tape the parade Saturday, as I usually do.

But I will turn my back on Larry 'Ho Chi' Smith, Dan Tarbell and the rest of the scum that uses veterans for their personal gain, promotes their agenda on our backs or otherwise invalidates the very reason we serve, the preserve the liberties, freedoms and rights of the people of this country.

You cannot do everything in your power to circumvent the people's right to vote or just ignore their vote and push ahead and claim you support Veterans.

We fought to support that right, not pick and choose when it is to be honored.

Unknown said...

I WONDER WHERE I CAN BUY A CHINESE MILITARY UNIFORM??AND PUT A SIGN ON IT THAT SAYS:"THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT STUPID AMERICANS"??