Monday, July 23, 2012

Pike stakes out her social issues positions. CCP endorses.

I've been hammering away at Liz Pike because of a variety of things... including a misunderstanding on the part of the paper vis the issue of Pike's positions on gay marriage and the Life issue.

Liz has made her poisitions clear on that, and I offer them up here for you:
Faith Based Issues

“Growing up in a conservative and very religious Catholic family as one of 13 children was a real blessing for me. Because of my faith, I believe marriage is a sacrament and reserved as a holy union between one man and one woman. I have also been pro life at all times in my adult life. When I was 13 years old, my mother took me out of school for the day to march on the steps of the capitol in Olympia to protest Roe vs. Wade. That event had a profound effect on my political life.”
My concerns were primarilly that the Columbian had reported that Liz had "declined" to state her positions on these issues.
And now, we get to the question of gay marriage.

On the subject of gay marriage, Shehorn agrees with recent legislation allowing same-sex couples to marry. Pike declined to disclose her personal view on the subject.
"Pike declined to disclose her personal views on the subject."
Obviously, she's clarified that situation and here they are.

This is the last piece of the puzzle for me and under the broad heading of FWIW, I now endorse Liz Pike for State Representative.

No comments: