Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The closing of Jamie Herrera Watch.

There comes a time when all good things come to an end.

I was talking with a friend today... one of the few politicians I actually respect (and their are a few) and she asked me, "Isn't it time?"

"Jaime is our congresswoman.  She is likely to BE our congresswoman for quite some time to come.  You don't have to be a cheerleader.  But it no longer serves any purpose."

The friend is Ann Rivers.  She is the first elected official in any capacity to ever suggest that I take the blog down... that it's time was past.

Other electeds have claimed to discuss it with me (Right, Marc?) with a view towards shutting it down but they never have.

Ever.

I thought about what Ann told me.

I had no real response to fault her logic... so I told her I would do it.

That does not mean that I'm happy with Jaime.  I'm not.

But I acknowledge that at times, I was over the top.  At times, I may have written things that hurt Jaime or her family and for that, I apologize.

Ann suggested that as well... and it made sense.

This is, then, my final post here on Jaime Herrera Watch.  I assure the reader that I made this decision on my own, that no one forced me or pressured me or threatened me in any way.

To the 20,000 plus visitors that blog had this year, I will continue to write here.

When I disagree with Jaime, I will let her know here.

But there will be no further positing on Jaime Herrera Watch.

1 comment:

Lew said...

Ann is a very wise person.

I share your misgivings on Herrera, as you know, but agree with you and Ann on this.