Sunday, April 15, 2012

Still not going to vote for Romney.

OK... looks the GOP finally allowed someone to buy a presidential nomination... well done.

That said, I won't vote for him.

I'm sorry that we didn't learn our lesson, having determined a political chameleon of the highest order, a man who is the classic politician: he will be whatever you need him to be, whenever you need it... to get your vote... something of a more subdued version of the current occupant of the White House... should be the one.

What someone has done means a great deal more then what someone tells you he WILL do.  Unfortunately, the establishment, which has provided us with some of the dimmer political bulbs we've had to contend with... Jaime Herrera and Dino Rossi here on the local level, just to name two... has now given us Mitt Romney... someone else they believe they can control... as the GOP nominee for President.

Mitt Romney is what I refer to as the "settle-for" candidate.  His most recent subterfuge of many?

Mitt Romney a few days ago:


  • AFP
      Los Angeles Times‎ - 1 day ago
      Mitt Romney, despite his past support for gun control, promised the National Rifle Assn. in a speech that he would support 2nd ... Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney addresses the National Rifle Association, in St. Louis criticizing ...




  • Mitt Romney when he wanted another office where he needed to have the right position


    “We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts, I support them, I won’t chip away at them, I believe they help protect us and provide for our safety” – Mitt Romney



    Some of the laws that Mitt Romney supports–
    Massachusetts is one of the worst states to be a gun owner.
    They have an AWB (Assault Weapon Ban) signed into law by Mitt Romney
    Massachusetts has restrictions on magazines that hold more than ten rounds.
    A gun storage law that mandates how you are to keep a gun within your own premises.
    Massachusetts does not honor any other states concealed carry permit.  Tripled CWP fees.
    And this one, a firearm must be tested by the state to be acceptable to be sold in Massachusetts (just like in California)
    To my political acquaintances.... this "coalescing" behind Romney nonsense... when you add it all up.... what, exactly, are we "coalescing" behind?

    The gun issue is just one of the many areas where we are required to suspend our disbelief to support someone who has flipped on much of his own record of governance.

    Throughout the primary season to date, roughly 65% of the GOP rejected Romney.  His successful effort to buy this nomination doesn't somehow magically mean that we should all sit around the fire, holding hands and singing "Kumbiya."

    Electing another version of Romney, who, like the clown currently in the White House is likely to bear only a passing resemblance to candidate Romney, is not something I will support.

    No, that doesn't mean that I will, God forbid, support that simple idiot currently holding the job.  But I will never, ever again support the guy (or woman) I have to "settle for."  What it means is I will not engage in this futility in a state that, if they knew Obama was a communist pedophile, would still vote for him.

    This November, the choices are Obama, or Obama-lite.  What's not to like?
    Mitt Romney – supports gun control

    4 comments:

    Unknown said...

    There are so many issues that Mittens has flip-flopped on over the years that's it's lost all humor to make fun of him. This is one election that I'm glad to be a liberal Democrat. I get to sit back, work my tail off for Obama and watch the Republicans give away the White House one lie at a time.

    I'm a recent new follower to your blog and thought I'd let you know that I think you do good work here. Keep it up!

    Jack said...

    So you're saying that you are going to vote for Obama then?

    K.J. Hinton said...

    @Jack

    "No, that doesn't mean that I will, God forbid, support that simple idiot currently holding the job. But I will never, ever again support the guy (or woman) I have to "settle for." What it means is I will not engage in this futility in a state that, if they knew Obama was a communist pedophile, would still vote for him."

    @Bob

    I appreciate your response, but please bear in mind that I am a conservative Republican PCO... but one not particularly blinded by Party labels.

    I cannot vote for Romney on the principle that I cannot reward a candidate who first, bought the job and second, shifts his positions more than the Sahara shifts its sands.

    I abhor corruption wherever I see it... and an "R" doesn't protect anyone from the same scrutiny I apply to a "D."

    Thanks for stopping by.

    Jack said...

    Why do you want to keep Obama in office, Bob? Please state a reason...