Tuesday, January 10, 2012

So, Romney won in NH. Why does that bother me?

Romney reminds me of McKenna.  In fact, they're cut from the same cloth, I believe.

Neither are anything approaching conservative.  Romney's expertise is in his skills at appearing chameleon like.  To get elected, he'll be whatever you want him to be: leftist in Massachusetts, conservative in the presidential campaign, or anything else you need.. McKenna doesn't even pretend to be conservative; he's a King County Republican and my experience with most of that ilk is that they're RINO.  In that regard, McKenna doesn't disappoint.

But my fear is that Romney will be a president much like McKenna will be a governor: thru that stilted, foggy "Mainstream" (demcrat) Republican meme.

In short, I believe that as governor, we will notice little to no difference between McKenna and say, Locke.

And as president, we would not notice nearly enough of a difference between Romney and Obama.

I'm reminded of the oft-quoted parable of the snake.

And when it comes to the question of how Romney would govern, the answer I give is this: how did he govern in Massachusetts?

Like his name was Gregoire.

The problem we have, however, is this: who else is there?

I don't know.

But I know the following: no Republican will win Washington State for the presidency.  Hell, if the dems weren't running a total moron, we'd likely be losing the governor's race here, again, just like we have for the past 28 years or so.

As far as that goes, I know I would dive into a pool of boiling battery acid before I become a Paulistinian.  Gingrich is likely the most like me in temperment... but he can't seem to keep his pants zipped.  Santorum was once described as the dumbest member of Congress, "he needs to have a key inserted into his back every morning to wind him up and get him going by a magazine who, quite accurately, described our own state cow as the 4th dumbest member... not showing any real favorites.  Huntsman is, well, Huntsman... and that seems to me to be somewhere to the left of Lenin.

As it is, I'm sitting this one out.  As it is for governor, I will not vote democrat or McKenna, because those two choices have damned little to differentiate them.

I know what I want.  And in the presidential race, it just ain't there.

No comments: