Thursday, August 12, 2010

A reminder of what's very important: Warriors coming home.

.
I need to read Luke's Blog more often. I need to review this post more often. I need to remind myself why I started these battles in the first place in the midst of the insanity caused by people who should have known better.

As a member of American Legion Post 110, I must admit that the "Burn Pit" website is why I support the Legion. And occasionally, they put items up that are so compelling... so "island of sanity in a sea of chaos" related that I am grateful for their involvement in my life.

Take 10 or 12 minutes and watch this video. It will be worth your time.

Have Kleenex near by.



Added Bonus:

Also from this same great web site is this:

On a somewhat related note, while folks may have varied opinions on President Bush, I think we can all agree that his visit yesterday to the Dallas Fort Worth USO (where my Fiance used to volunteer) was a class act. You can read all about it and see some pictures at the LA Times website.

Bush

I am one of those troubled by some of Mr. Bush's policies.

But from this comes two things: Can you even begin to imagine Obama doing something like this? I can't.

And the second:

The longer Obama is president, the better Mr. Bush's tenure looks... warts (and there were many) and all.

1 comment:

Lew said...

Seeing these really warms my heart. Far different that we received coming home.

We cannot change any of that, but we do everything in our power to see it never happens again.