Thursday, April 22, 2010

The rare ask: Please pray for Luke Jensen, my 9 year old cousin who doesn't have much time left. (Update 7)

.
More from Steve, Luke's Dad.
Luke has been in less pain over the past couple days, since we increased the dosage of his pain medication. His body continues to get weaker at a frightening pace. Only a couple weeks ago, Luke was still able to walk up the stairs. Then, he still could slowly bear walk up the stairs (his arms are stronger than his legs). Even after the stairs were too much, he could at least slowly walk to the downstairs bathroom. When he could no longer walk, he could at least stand while his legs would quiver and he would tightly hug me for support. These last couple days, I don't think he can stand, even with my support. This is just moving too quickly.
There's just not enough time.

Those of you reading this who have children... go to them. Hold them close, or if they're adults and somewhere else, pick up the phone and call them.

Life has taught me that we rarely have the chance to make up for missed opportunities. Luke is teaching me that every moment is precious.
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have appreciated your posts regarding Luke. It has shown that our life here & the afterlife is way more valuable than the political scene.

Gr8mochas said...

When you go through things like this, it becomes abundantly clear what is important and what is not. We are just not created to experience the death of our children. I have so much compassion for what they are going through.