Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Columbian finally gets around to reporting what I had last month: The FBI "death threat" report on Baird

.
I posted, in its entirety, the redacted FBI report that I requested last December.

The local paper, which frequently accesses this blog, knew at least two weeks ago that I had the report they're finally blabbing about now.

They also know that the report was closed back in mid-August.

So now, we get 2 different stories, one here and one here.

Now, this paper has repeatedly proven itself to not be the sharpest knife in the drawer. But the irony of all of this is that Lou Brancaccio, in charge of the zoo, has routinely bad mouthed and dissed the local blogging community. And I DO mean "repeatedly."

Yet, I managed to scoop him by a good two weeks. Now how could that be possible?

And this nonsense about the case being closed on November 10th is just that. The case was closed the day after it was opened. ("Incident close request sent 2009-08-14 19:59:46.0")

So, I guess my concern is this: why did the paper wait so long to report this?

And how is it that my little ol' blog could scoop such an august, professional journalism organization?
.

No comments: