Sunday, February 07, 2010

My NFL boycott continues, even for the Super Bowl.

.
So, here we are at what amounts to the last day of the NFL season. And my self-imposed boycott continues.

Typically, I'd be riveted to my 72 inch HD TV screen... because, after all, these teams are alleged to be at the top of their form, and a well played game is a thing of beauty.

But it is the NFL. And I haven't forgotten.

Like the former head coach of the Atlanta Falcons and then the Portland State Vikings, one Jerry Glanville, was want to tell us: The NFL means "Not For Long," since they continue to act with such rank hypocrisy on matters of race, fairness and politics.

So, I'm taking advantage of this fine day to watch the rest of "Silverado" and head to the grocery store. The lines should be short and most of the aisles clear.

And until the NFL gets their act together... I will do everything I can to avoid watching any of their games, and I will avoid buying any of their merchandise.

So, to everyone else, I say: have a great game. A game, in the end, shadowed by the shame of hypocrisy.
.

1 comment:

Gr8mochas said...

I loved Jay Leno's comment about there being so much snow in DC that it shut the government down....so it must be true what they had said..that the Saints would win the Super Bowl when hell froze over!