Thursday, February 24, 2005

Weed "Regrets"

So, I'm crusin' the news... and stumble across this yahoo.com/news article that headlines "Author Regrets Secretly Taping Bush Talks"

I thought to myself.... "Yeah, I'll bet he 'regrets' it.... but if he regrets it so much, does that mean he's not going to take any of the money?" So, reading the article, I come across this:
"I am asking my attorney to direct any future proceeds from the book to charity and to find the best way to vet these tapes and get them back to the president to whom they belong. History can wait."
If true.... well, yeah.... that pretty much would indicate some level of "regret," except for the clever little phrase "any future proceeds." What about past and current "proceeds?" This kind of thing smacks of a, "Well, I've made a pile, so let's call 'er good and make this gesture so my own family will start speaking to me again" gambit. 

His "regret" is a step. But not nearly big enough. He needs to divert every dime and make the same talk show circuit he made before, apologizing for his abysmal, despicable conduct at every stop. That, of course, won’t happen.

No comments: