Monday, May 09, 2011

Mariners finally get rid of Milton Bradley.

.
I'm not surprised he's troubled.  His childhood, like so many other childhoods where thoughtless parents name their kids after inanimate objects, weather events, unpronounceable foreign names or, in this case, a toy company, must have been a living hell.

You can play baseball and BE troubled, if your talent overcomes your issues.  But since I first observed Bradley that I can recall, (A game where he crowded the plate every time he batted, refusing to move away from the plate while playing the M's) I thought about how whatever talent he had was clouded by his behavior.

I was hopeful when Seattle got him.  I thought maybe he could use that opportunity to change his life, get squared away, and play the game with all the talent he possessed.  I was likely not the only one.

But his demons are too strong, and his inability to control himself combined with weak play was enough to seal his doom and now his career in the bigs is likely over.

I hope he finds peace where ever he ultimately winds up.
.

No comments: