Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Moments ago, Steven Cox withdrew from the Vancouver Mayor's race.

He just put this up, publicly, on facebook.


Last night, 25 September 2017, I falsely accused an innocent man of wrong doing. Jack Burkman is an upstanding citizen and credit to his community and I sincerely apologize for mistakenly using his name. The shame is mine and not his.

I cannot explain my mistake other than to say if you are a Veteran with MTBI/PTSD you will identify with and understand the symptoms. There is a reason I am 100% disabled and it was believed I could lead a normal life with therapy. This is my third attempt at leading a normal, healthy and productive life and I have failed again, embarrassing friends and family, those people I love and harming those who are innocent. This scar of humiliation is not easily erased from one’s physique. Mine is only to love others, speak truth and live in the image of my Lord. With this in mind, there is only one honorable course of action remaining for me.

I hereby withdraw my candidacy for mayor of Vancouver. You deserve better than I can provide. I thank all my loyal supporters. Your warm friendship has meant the world to Cindy and me. I shall return donations to those I still can. I apologize to you for not living up to your expectations and any embarrassment I may have caused you.

I resign as Chairman of Burnt Bridge Creek Neighborhood Association. I know many of you put your faith in me and I regret letting you down. You are the greatest neighbors anyone could ever hope for and I know you will carry on without me.

I resign as Prescient Committee officer 692. You deserve someone who has full use of their cognitive abilities who can accurately represent you.

I resign from the Republican Party. I have dishonored our brand and you will be wise to distance yourselves from me.

Integrity violations are inexcusable and my only redemption is self-exile. My continued presence would only tarnish the legitimacy of my Comrades and our oath.

Cindy and I ask you all to respect our privacy and leave us as we came, in peace.

Humbly yours,
Steven Cox

No comments: