Tuesday, August 25, 2009

So... Ted Kennedy is dead.

.
And?

Ever the partisan, Kennedy leaves this mortal coil hypocritically attempting to change BACK the law that he was so instrumental in changing in the first place: so when he died, the Governor of Massachusetts, now a democrat; then a Republican, COULD appoint a replacement so the fringe leftists could keep their filibuster-proof majority intact.

Others I respect want us now to play by the rules. They want us to do the what the fringe-left nutbergers could not do upon the death of any mainstream or conservative icon: have some respect for Kennedy.

I'm sorry. But who I'm sorry for is Mary Jo Kopechne, who this drunk killed, either directly or indirectly, so many years ago.

Few members of the Senate have damaged this country more, though scum like Durbin or Reid are a close second.

He's dead. But he got away with killing someone. And NOW, FINALLY, he's going to pay the price and experience the justice that he avoided for so very long.

I do sympathize for his family, however. This is a yet another in the tough times they have had to endure.

But while I am sad for them, I rejoice for my country. And for this Nation... he will not, ultimately, be missed.
.

No comments: