Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day One, No response from Joe Tanner.

Having been troubled by reading about Joe Tanner's "numerous combat medals" claim from Vietnam on his bio, I actually thought I'd go to the source to find out, sending him the following email:
Mr. Tanner,

I understand you are running to replace our North Clark County Commissioner.

As a prospective constituent, I noticed something quite troubling to me, personally, in doing my "due diligence:"

In your bio, you make the following claim:  "As an active duty Vietnam veteran, Joe Tanner received numerous combat medals."

I would appreciate it if you would list them.

In the interest of full disclosure, I will be blogging your response, whatever it may be, unedited.
 
K.J. Hinton
Clark County Politics
Although I am a prospective constituent of his, he has not seen fit to respond.

So, here's the deal. 

If he does not provide the requested information by COB tomorrow, I will turn this case over to the "Stolen Valor" experts at stolenvalor.com and pownetwork.org organizations, and they can deal with it.

Clearly, talking to constituents, particularly those from the opposite end of the political spectrum, is not one of his priorities.  But making a claim of "numerous combat medals" and failing to back it up when asked?

There's no excuse for that from any politician.

No comments: