Sunday, November 22, 2009

So, when you're awaiting the verdict on cancer, it's a great time to think about what's important .

.
A few days ago, a large chunk was taken out of the middle of my back (between my shoulder blades) as an enhanced biopsy for some variety of melanoma.

"Enhanced" in this instance means much larger than the usual amount from the area where an initial, much smaller piece of a suspect mole was removed.

Now, there's a bunch of stitches, bandages that have to be replaced every 6 hours... and waiting.

I won't be particularly surprised, regardless of the outcome. I served almost a decade in Combat Arms in an outdoor environment, and I did that long before the advent of sunscreen or concern over skin cancer as a result of exposure to the sun. I have no other symptoms, so I have no particular reason to believe this amounts to a death sentence, either.

But as I await the outcomes, first of the biopsy, and second, as to what that might lead to, I've been giving a great deal of thought as to what is, and what is not, important.

My family is important. I do not have life insurance because I never qualified for it. I worry about what happens to them if I have to leave.

My community is important. I worry about it since we're led by people including moral, ethical and legal sell outs and media. I fear for what happens next here as well.

And I fear for my country. Oh my God, do I fear for my country.

The future of this country keeps me awake nights far more then my situation.

We seem to be spiraling downwards with no end in sight. Our government's efforts on matters from the health care scam (If it's such a great program, then why is the president and Congress exempted from it? Why does it have to be criminalized?) to ripping off our Veterans, to blood in Afghanistan, to the debt heaped on our children and their children and their children and their children to the moronic porkulous package that has done nothing but to bury us further, to the made up jobs numbers and the lies upon lie upon lies of those leading this country.

A jihadi wearing a Major's uniform, known in advance to be more closely aligned to the scum he represented while he was slaughtering our unarmed troops in Ft. Hood.... when WE KNEW.... and did nothing.

My possible cancer's physical impacts begin and end with me. These other attributes are so much bigger then I am. They mean so much more than I do... and so few are actually paying attention.

Sigh.
.

No comments: